Design Tuts Life Work

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brand Identity: Studio 243


Studio 243 is a full-service architectural firm which seeks to create a sense of place that inspires creativity. The owner and top architect is heavily influenced by contemporary European design. After living there(in Germany) for a number of years, I guess he sort of took to their style.

Design Brief
Not all that familiar with European design, (Ok, ok. I know nothing of eauro-design.), Dwight was happy to school me. He encouraged me to look at the Avante Garde (the font I went with, go figure) and Bauhaus movements. We talked for about an hour and by the end I had a grasp of what I was going for. Functional art.
Specific keywords for the project were: simple(boy was I glad to hear that), clean, functional, and formal.

For the logo, I wanted to show some dimensionality and allude to some elements you might see in Avante Garde architecture. We chose to go with red as the color since it's pretty formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment